Music analysis Biggie smalls Juicy

The song I choose to speak to you about is Juicy by Notorious B.I.G. This song was released on august 8th 1994 on Bad boy/Arista record label. The producers are Poke of Trackmaster and Sean puffy Combs. The songs melody is sampled from Tmune’s song Juicy Fruit. Total is singing the chorus on the record. Juicy is one of biggie smalls most famous records. It’s a rags to riches story but from an unconventional way. This song has influence many rappers along the years. It is also seen as an icon song for most people in the rap industry.
Juicy starts off with a hi-hat and a low key piano in the background. Mean while you hear the R&B group Total singing softly and Notorious starts talking about how his teachers thought he wouldn’t amount to anything and how people in his building would call the police while he was hustling to make sure he made money to feed his daughter. He speaks through these words doesn’t start a flow yet. It’s like he was making an announcement that he has arrived.
When the bass comes in Biggie starts his first verse with a nice calm flow. Then there is a guitar that starts playing. While rapping Notorious acts like he is laughing and ask a rhetorical question to his friend duke. The line says “Remember rapping duke duh-h, duh-ha you never thought that hip hop would take this far.” With this quote Biggie is saying even though his friend believed in him, he didn’t know that he was going to make this big in the music industry. In the same verse he uses a simile that isn’t a common use that people would use. The line he used is “time to get paid, blow up like the world trade.” Now if you think about it now you would say it was very insensitive of him to use that line because of 9/11. Since the song was made in 1994 he is talking about when there was an attempt to blow up the world trade in 1993. So with that line he is comparing himself to how large his career will be.
Notorious is a story telling rapper. When you hear his rhymes he is very descriptive in what he is saying. It’s like you were right there when it happen as you listen to him speak. When the first verse is over the group Total starts singing the chorus. The words to the chorus are:
You know very well who you are
Don’t let em hold you down, reach for the stars
You had a goal, but not that many
’cause you’re the only one I’ll give you good and plenty

When the chorus starts the beat gets a little softer and Total harmonizes over the track with those inspirational words. As the second verse starts the beat comes back like the beginning of the song and Biggie flow is amazing. He starts talking about how he didn’t believe this rapping stuff word work and he would smoke weed with his friends all day. Biggie even says spread love like it’s the Brooklyn way even though he just mention that he change from being a common thief from Brooklyn. He is speaking from the heart and rhymes like he is having a conversation with you, but he is rapping. Towards the end of the second verse you have one of the girls from Total harmonizing over biggie rapping to make a great end to a verse.
As the third verse starts you hear Biggie Smalls rap flow gets a little bit more excited he not is not as calm as in the beginning. He starts the verse of saying “Super Nintendo Sega Genesis when I was dead broke, man I couldn’t picture this.” This is his last verse and he starts to brag about the things that he has accomplished because of how far he came in the rap game. Towards the end of the song the beat still goes on and biggie stops rapping and starts talking again and says representing B-town in the house. He does that just to show respect to where he is from and what made it possible for him to tell his story.

34 Comments so far

1.   theblog on December 12th, 2010

Nice that was a dope break down of Juicy. I was reading deeply to see if you wouldve made any mistakes but you most definately did your research. A on the analysis.

2.   Keesha Suminski on December 3rd, 2011

You made some fine points there. I did a search on the topic and found mainly folks will agree with your blog. Premium WordPress Themes

3.   auction bid on December 9th, 2011

Heya i’m for the primary time here. I found this board and I to find It really helpful & it helped me out much. I hope to provide something again and help others like you helped me.

4.   Gabriel Rattay on December 10th, 2011

Woah this weblog is great i really like reading your posts. Stay up the great paintings! You realize, a lot of individuals are looking around for this info, you could aid them greatly.

5.   Heath Riehl on December 11th, 2011

Hey, I desired to ask you some thing. Is this a wordpress blog site? We are planning on transferring my blog from Blogger to wordpress, ya think that is doable? Additionally did you design this specific theme yourself some how? Regards for your help!

6.   Fredda Blumenthal on December 11th, 2011

Po co utrudniać sobie życie, skoro wystarczy wklepanie parametrów wyszukiwania w jednym polu?

7.   Aline Jentzsch on December 13th, 2011

What a fun adventure! Great pics as always!

8.   site on May 28th, 2012

How come you dont have your web site viewable in wap format? cant see anything in my iPad.

9.   Dakota on February 27th, 2013

The line “remember rapping duke du har du har” is actually referencing an old rapper named Rapping Duke. His trade mark was making that du har noise in his music.

10.   Shonda on March 19th, 2013

I do not comment, however after reading a few of the remarks here blog

11.   Priest Rasch on April 23rd, 2013

Oh my goodness! Awesome article dude! Thanks, However I am going through problems with your RSS. I don’t understand the reason why I am unable to join it. Is there anybody else getting similar RSS issues? Anyone who knows the solution can you kindly respond? Thanks!!

12.   raf modelleri on June 20th, 2013

I love reading through a post that can make men and women think. Also, thank you for permitting me to comment!

13.   şişme bebek on July 14th, 2013

This is the perfect web site for anybody who would like to find out about this topic. You understand a whole lot its almost hard to argue with you (not that I personally will need to…HaHa). You definitely put a brand new spin on a subject that has been written about for a long time. Wonderful stuff, just excellent!

14. Can you tell us more about this? I’d care to find out some additional
    information.

15.   code promo trafic on March 28th, 2014

What’s up it’s me, I am also visiting this web page on a regular basis, this site is actually good and
    the viewers are actually sharing pleasant thoughts.

16.   fish oil krill on April 29th, 2014

This medication may not be right for you if you have
    diabetes, kidney or liver disease, and an under-active thyroid.
    o This critical factor will need to be noticed that not all the nutritional supplements are equivalent.
    According to the Douglas Report, people who have low levels of Omega 3 fatty
    acids struggle more with retaining their memory.

Feel free to visit my web page … fish oil krill

17. Simply just desired to mention I am glad I came on the internet page. Very revealing, looking onward to coming back again. You have one of the greatest websites.

18.   Marketing Instincts on May 23rd, 2014

Your instincts is merely your passion in another form.

First, with regard to media and public relations, telling
    the truth is essential. ‘ According to a listing update from
    the organization on Nov.

19.   Ingrid on July 19th, 2014

I see a lot of interesting content on your blog.
    You have to spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save
    you a lot of work, there is a tool that creates unique, google friendly
    articles in couple of seconds, just type in google – k2 unlimited
    content

20.   coupon code on July 23rd, 2014

Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my zynga group?
    There’s a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content.
    Please let me know. Many thanks

21.   Byron on August 29th, 2014

I read a lot of interesting content here. Probably you spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of time, there is an online tool that creates readable,
    google friendly articles in minutes, just type in google – laranitas free content
    source

22.   /0/22143785 on September 1st, 2014

/0/22143785

23.   bailiff online reputation management on September 9th, 2014

bailiff online reputation management

24.   tax collector online reputation management on September 9th, 2014

tax collector online reputation management

25.   summer volunteer opportunities on January 30th, 2015

summer volunteer opportunities

26.   stage laser lights sale on January 31st, 2015

stage laser lights sale

27.   gap year to australia on January 31st, 2015

gap year to australia

28.   kitchen colors on February 11th, 2015

kitchen colors

29.   diploma in counselling and psychotherapy on February 13th, 2015

diploma in counselling and psychotherapy

30.   union estate planning on May 4th, 2015

union estate planning

31.   Top Beat Software on May 24th, 2015

Hahaha I love Juicy by the Notorious B.I.G. I didn’t know the song was sampled from Tmune’s song Juicy Fruit though?

But when you think about it all songs these days are sampled from the good old songs from the past…..

32. Aravind eye hospital Mission Statement

blog » Music analysis Biggie smalls Juicy

33.   School Halls on June 2nd, 2016

School Halls

34.   PrematüRe Retinopatisi on June 3rd, 2016

PrematüRe Retinopatisi